Best kitesurf school in Lantau, HK. Next to the beach. Lessons for all levels from HK$800/hr. Top quality and premium gears included. Group of passionate, experienced and certified instructors. We aim to advance this sports and make it better for everyone.
Kitesurf – The Sport
Kitesurfing is a perfect combination of surfing, paragliding and gymnastics. It’s exciting as you can travel at a speed of more than 40km/h on the water surface. The kite also generates immense but controllable lift where players can jump 5-20+ meters above water and glide through the air.
In case you need some motivation:
It is a very mobile sport. The kite is air-inflatable and packs into a normal-sized backpack, while the board can easily fit into the trunks of a taxi. While travelling by air, it falls under the category of “Sports Equipment” where most airlines do not have a surcharge.
See our FAQ page on our favorite spots worldwide and tips to travel with kitesurfing gears.
Kitesurfing is also a highly sociable sports. After all, you’d need to be pretty open-minded to get into this sport in the first place…
Michael is one of the six certified IKO Level 2 Kiteboarding Instructors in Hong Kong (as of 2022). Teaches with passion since 2015, across countries like Morocco, Brazil, Colombia and Hong Kong.
We had organized kite trips in more than 20 countries including Brazil, Cook Islands, Morocco, French Polynesia, Colombia, Sri Lanka, Japan and Vietnam, and hopefully more to come post-Covid.
He speaks fluent English/Spanish/Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and not-very-fluent-yet French.
He is experienced in teaching in various environments (flat water, deep/wavy water) and he constantly incorporates new teaching techniques and improves his teaching methods.
Michael represented Hong Kong in the 2016 IKA Kitesurfing World Championships and ranked 35th among 105 competitors from 21 countries.
He is also unofficially the first Chinese to finish the 2019 Mega-Downwinder of 750km covering the northern Brazilian coast from Cumbuco to Atins.
Michael is certified in CPR, AED and First Aid.
Michael is an active committee member of Hong Kong Kiteboarding Federation (HKKF) that aims to promote the sports and add diversity to the sports and community. We are also in great relationship with Obsession Kiting HK, Hoitin Kite, Hong Kong Kiteboarding School, Kiteboarding Hong Kong Association (KHKA), and many fantastic independent coaches. In case we are not available, we will refer you to one of these experienced and certified instructors we work with.
Prerequisite: At least 12 years old, and can be comfortable swimming at least 200m in ocean water.
The format could be private or semi-private with max 4 people a class. We teach in English/Chinese/Spanish/French.
The course follows all the safety measures and teaching standards of International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) and the content follows the 2022 syllabus recommended by IKO –
Below are sample contents covered in each IKO level:
1. Level 1 “Discovery Kiteboarder”
– Avg 3 hours (1 day). Max 4 people per class.
– Build your wind awareness and build your basic kite piloting skills to any new-comers to the sport. It will also cover the most important safety procedures.
– Roughly 1.5 hrs of beach practice followed by 2 hrs of practice in the water, wrapped up with some summaries on land.
- Kite piloting on the beach ~1 hr
- Wind window theories
- Kite setup and quick release procedures ~0.5 hr
- Practice in the water (kite piloting, body dragging, etc.) ~1 hr
- Packing up the gears
- Tips / suggestions to further practice
2. Level 2 “Intermediate Kiteboarder”
– Avg 6-8 hours. Max 2 people per class.
– For students who has already learned to pilot a trainer kite on the beach, and wishes to progress further to be able to get onto the board (water-start)
- More kite piloting
- Single hand piloting
- Body-drag downwind & upwind
- Water-start (i.e. get on the board with pull from the kite)
3. Level 3 “Independent Kiteboarder”
– Avg 8 hours (2 days). Max 2 people per class.
– For students who can already perform a water start, and wishes to progress further to be able to ride upwind/toeside, etc.
- Riding upwind
- Sliding Transision
- Ride toeside
- Jibing (two ways)
- Self-launch, self-landing
4. Level 4 “Advanced Kiteboarder”
– Avg 10 hours. Max 2 people per class.
– For students who can already perform basic cruising, riding upwind/toeside, and wish to progress to jumps and more advanced aerial tricks.
- First jumps
- Jump with board grab
- Back rolls / Front rolls
- Jumping Higher
- Kiteloops progressions (kiteloop transitions, airborne kiteloops, heli-loops, powered kiteloops)
5. Refresher Clinic
You took lessons before but haven’t kited for a while, or you are new to the Hong Kong spot, we offer this bespoke Refresher Clinic to help you remember the basic skills, safety procedures (self-rescue), upwind techniques, etc. and give you a comprehensive introduction to kiting in HK (seasons, other spots, etc.)
Intended Learning Outcome
This course is intended to equipt students with safety and basic gear handling knowledges so that they could practice independently safely, at any spot. Student would also be e–certified (on www.ikointl.com) whereby he/she can rent kitesurfing equipment around the world upon presenting the certification and demonstrating reasonable skills.
To ensure quality and best experience for students, the Megaloop Kite School Hong Kong uses the top gears and latest 2021-2022 models from the high-end premium German brand CORE Kiteboarding. Students will be provided the following during the training:
- Helmet, life jacket / buoyancy aid, booties & wetsuits (feel free to bring your own if you have them)
- Kite, harness, control bar, board
Students are responsible to bring/use/wear their own items below.
- Sun glasses (with a tie to secure behind the head, if you don’t plan to buy a new one)
- Rashguard (aka lycra, 防晒衣) / swim suit / bathing suit; board shorts (沙滩裤)
- Sunblock (best to be water resistant with high SPF number like this one)
VIP “Zero to Hero” Package: HK$ 49,800*
*upfront deposit for teaching hours for IKO Level 2 completion (HK$ 800/hr, incl. IKO certificate, photo/videos with GoPro9), purchase of ONE set of high-quality gear carefully selected by your instructor based on your level
This is currently our most popular package. Best for complete beginners or those who haven’t yet mastered water-starts. We will aim to complete the IKO Level 2 (expect 8-12 hours). From that point you are encouraged to continue practicing independently or under our supervision.
The new set of gear we select for you will be the same (or similar) model as the school kites you’d be trained on, so that you will feel immediately comfortable transitioning into practising with your own gear.
Depends on the actual teaching hours and gear selection, there might be balance (or deficiency) at the point of graduation, which is to be refunded (or charged). Below is a sample breakdown of your final expense:
Kite Foiling Beginner Lessons
– Must be IKO Level 4O or above (or equivalent level)
– Experience of riding toe-side on a twin-tip board / surfboard will be helpful
– HK$ 1,000/hour private coaching, minimum 2 hours/session
No wind policy
We understand that wind could be unpredictable. If there’s no wind, we’ll turn it into a shorter theory session, reschedule a different session and/or refund the unused hour(s).
See our FAQ page for tips / considerations on gear rental vs purchase, and more consideration between 1st hand and 2nd hand kites.
Book Your Lesson
Due to high volume, we encourage you to book your lessons online now to warranty your lesson availability. Online Registration Form here.
Alternatively, get in touch through Whatsapp at +852 68796212, by email at email@example.com, through our Instagram handle @megaloopkiting or simply scan the QR code below. Indicate your experience level, and first available day for the lesson. Also help us understand your sports background, motivation and ultiamate goal.
While we do our best to fulfill new enrolls in which they were received, our first priority is to serve and support our existing customer base. Often we will refine & improve the riding skills for existing clients before entertaining new clients. This is the quality of service and support Megaloop Kiting has always been known for.
Got a special occasion coming up for your friend / special one? We are pleased to offer a customizable gift voucher for either lessons or shopping.
Our primary focus for the course is safety and fun. Michael teaches with heart, passion, is greatly engaged and always shows a high level of hospitality before / during / after the classes.
“Michael is probably the best instructor you can find in Hong Kong. …”https://www.ikointl.com/account/feedback
Many students have become good friends and we highly appreciate this. We are also grateful for any referrals.
tags: best kite board class in Hong Kong, kitesurfing hong kong price, kitesurfing gear rental hong kong, buy kiteboarding gears hong kong, kitesurfing hong kong season, best kite school hon gkong, kitesurfing hong kong season, kitesurfing hong kong price, hong kong kiteboarding school, kite2high, best kite shop hong kong, best kitesurf class in Hong Kong, best kiteboarding instructor hong kong, kiteboarding instructor recommend beginner, Lantau kitesurfing, Hong Kong Kiteboarding Instructor; Hong Kong Kitesurfing Instructor; Hong Kong Kiteboarding School; Hong Kong Kitesurfing School; Hong Kong Kiteboarding School; Hong Kong Kitesurfing School; Hong Kong Kiteboarding Courses; Hong Kong Kitesurfing Courses; 香港 风筝冲浪 教练; 训练班，初级班 中级班 高级班 进阶班 初级课程 入门训练 风浪板 风冲 滑浪风筝 香港 风筝冲浪 训练 课程 初学; 香港 滑浪风筝 教练; 香港风筝冲浪初学课程; 香港 風箏衝浪 教練; 香港 風箏衝浪 訓練 課程 初學; 香港 滑浪風箏 教練; 香港風箏衝浪初學課程